Saturday, August 05, 2006

Anxiously Waiting...

Last night, I tossed and turned the restless sleep of anticipation. Today, I worked my last shift in the call center, leaving my job behind to follow what I once thought was a pipe dream. I spoke with my family for the last time before I vacate the continent, and greeted each of my aunts and uncles and cousins as they gathered to celebrate together and enjoy each other in our annual picnic.

In five hours and twelve minutes, I will leave for the airport in an act of trust. It is an act of trust that the New Creation is coming to pass through the work of peace within the Presbyterian Church of Colombia. It is an act of trust in the power of Redemption to mold hearts and end conflict. It is an act of trust that Divine Nurturing will sustain each of us as we band together to celebrate what God has done for 150 years of Presbyterian witness in Colombia. I step out, not knowing what will come to pass, but understanding that I will see modern-day miracles of faith.

Tonight, I will sleep short, but deep. I am still waiting to see where this almost fool-hardy trust will lead me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home