Monday, August 07, 2006

And it begins

I arrived at the office and seminary last night, around midnight, after a trip that started at 3:30 in the morning. It included a 7 hour layover in Newark (trust me, not the most fascinating place to get stuck), a mechanical error that very nearly got me left behind in Bogota for my last flight, and the bewilderment that comes from entering a new country already tired and weary. However, I slept well this morning and have already found my way around campus and to the grocery store. Apparently, I come across as more comfortable here than I am, since the woman in line was astounded that I didn´t have a store credit card for the local grocery. That´s one good thing – I feel more confident knowing that you can´t tell I´m a newbie from looking at me. You´ll hear more soon. I just wanted you all to know that I was in safe and sound.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

Sounds like you're a "natural" already. : )

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home